The Fryeburg Historical Society is primarily an educational organization that collects and preserves information and items concerning the history of the Fryeburg area, Oxford County and the State of Maine.
FHS operates a museum in the former Registry of Deeds building as well as a large research library containing books and genealogical resources.
Selected Fryeburg Historical Society images:
- Stevens Monument, Fryeburg, ca. 1914
- Jockey Cap, Fryeburg, 1940
- Oxford House, Fryeburg, ca. 1900
- Doughnut tree, Fryeburg, 1943
- Fryeburg Academy Class of 1922
- Ella Weeks Olney, Fryeburg, ca. 1910
- Village School, Fryeburg, ca. 1910
- Wood cutting, Fryeburg, ca. 1900
- Counselors, Camp Ettowah, Fryeburg, 1934
- Skiier at Jockey Cap, Fryeburg, ca. 1936
- Anne Carey Bradley, Fryeburg, ca. 1904
- Fryeburg School Kindergarten, 1892